Thread: General: - E46 Bi-Xenon (budget) retrofit
View Single Post
Old Jun 26th, 2020, 12:48   #131
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R92011 View Post
I really must remember to wire in the shutter, I bet it only takes a couple of seconds.

There have been many times when Ive driven country lanes without needing main beams on at all, with these new projectors being so good for forward vision.

Do you not find the combination of normal Main Beam + secondary 'open shutter' main beam assist to be a bit overkill against road signs at night etc?
Not at all!! I come from old school of "no such thing as too much lights" and cars with extra long-beam lamps wherever possible so no, defo not overkill I get your poinr ref road signs - yes, sometimes on full beam I get self-dazzle but its mostly on motorways with huge overhead signs with directions/cities etc but thats like 0.01% of cases, and you can always switch it off for a moment if needed. The rest of the times, and especially in rural irish roads - its a godsend. If I had more time/will I would still put 2 extra Hella Comets or other swedish-style dishes with power output equall to small village, just because. But in fairness I find combination of xenon opened shutter + Nightbreaker high beam bulb great enough and supplementing itself perfect.
The Following User Says Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post: