View Single Post
Old Oct 11th, 2019, 06:18   #7
Dilinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMUK View Post
Alright!

The other day I accidentally went past B on the gear leaver and put it into Gear 1.

Took me a few minutes and noticing the noise and then the revs rising to 3500rpm and the car not changing up before I realised it was in manual mode.

Anyone else done that before?

Will it do much damage just the once for a minute or two when I'd first started the car?

Thanks
Bumping an old thread here, but i feel you.
I have done it 2-3 times and it’s the most annoying thing.
I prefer the way the traditional mechanical gear lever works in this aspect. (D5,T6,T5)
You just have to move the stick to the left side (or right for right-handed cars), and then you get into manual mode where you upshift / downshift by moving the selector forward/backwards.
I don’t really know, how you change gears in T8, from what i read you can only downshift , but how do you perform a downshift , by moving the selector further down?
My gearshift changes gears upshift-right and downshift-left..
and to put it in manual mode you just click down from D position, which is very easy to do accidentally..

On another note, how many km do you guys do, to run-in a new engine?
I was told from the dealer that these engines are factory run-in, and as a precaution i could just be careful not to pass regularly 3500-4000 rpm before the car hits 2.500 km’s.
Dilinger is offline   Reply With Quote