Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old Sep 23rd, 2020, 11:05   #1736
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Many thanks Dave, that was very kind of you.

I had rather suspected the struts would not be the same for the estate as the saloon, and the one in the first ad would be for the 245. The 260 one might well be right - I may drop them a line to confirm first.

Best wishes,

Alan
By all means drop them a line Alan, they might say it won't fit the 240 because they don't have a listing for it but if you can confirm the prat number on the old ones is the same as they list and i found (1254057) then they should fit.

Sadly aftermarket manufacturers don't always have the right information!

I needed a replacement pair of boot struts for my 827 Coupe and many suppliers said the saloon ones would fit.

The struts were mounted on a different part of the boot honge so while the hinges were the same (which is what they'd based their assumption on), the length was longer on the Coupe because the boot lid was a different shape on the trailing edge so was heavier and needed longer, stronger gas springs/struts.

That's why i'm suggesting you check the part number and go on that. I've also checked on fcpeuro.com but they don't appear to list anything which is a shame as even with S&H they'd almost certainly be cheaper!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote