View Single Post
Old Dec 5th, 2019, 12:08   #19
familymangreg
Premier Member

We have the roof and really like it, particularly for backseat passengers. It has a sun blind too, but we never shut it.

Rarely open the roof, other than on a very hot day when first getting into the car, my theory being that it allows the blowers to push out the hot air faster at first. If it were a fixed roof, I think I'd be just as happy. It might even look better and would allow a little extra light in, as it wouldn't have the centre split.

Opening upwards isn't bad at speed, but wind noise becomes an issue if you slide the roof back over about 30-40mph.

No issues, although it doesn't sound as smooth as it first did when opening.

The blind very occasionally develops a rattle, but this can be fixed with a quick close and then open again.

A couple of years back there were some cracking, it was an issue that Volvo recognised and replaced under warranty.

Our roof did also develop a crack, no idea how, but it look more as if something had hit is, as you could feed a crack and minor chip on the outside. The standard glass cover on our policy covered it with a £80 excess to have the new front piece fitted at my Volvo dealer.
The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post: