View Single Post
Old Dec 10th, 2019, 16:36   #26
oscillator

I have some practical experience regarding the rear end strength of the current XC60. I came to a standstill in a queue of traffic exiting J4 of the M4 and the person behind me didn't - hit me on the O/S rear doing 40-50mph in a Corsa (which was totalled). I watched all this happening in my rear view mirror until impact when all sorts of weird things happened with both my seat and seatbelt. Anyway the main thing is no one was badly injured in either car.
I was amazed at how little damage there appeared to my car, however appearances were deceptive as it took 3 months to repair (£18k+ at Volvo approved repairers) as a lot of structural parts were replaced - no question of them being re-aligned in a jig or similar. Repairer said Volvo rebuild tolerances were tighter than any other manufacturer, which anyone needs to bear in mind if they are thinking of using a non-Volvo approved repairer.
Incidentally the OnCall distress button worked well, they called Emergency Services and tow truck and generally organised stuff whilst I was (unbeknownst to me) in shock.
The same cannot be said for Volvo's claims management company, Kinderton's, who I used. They were terrible.

- XC60 T5 Inscription MY2019 mussel blue/blonde Xenium keyless Polestar
oscillator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oscillator For This Useful Post: