View Single Post
Old Jun 24th, 2016, 20:35   #8
murphyslaw

Had the unit installed Wednesday (did myself, very straightforward) and left it on the default setting (5, out of 9). Then completed a 150mile drive - over the distance, I averaged 41.1mpg (never made it over 40mpg without the unit before, in fact 38mpg was my tops). But not only did I gain more on the economy, I found the 'death lurch' had disappeared. The car feels way more responsive now and is actually more relaxing to drive - I also feel it is more composed when on the move, idles better too (sounds more refined). I'm completely sold on this unit.

Today I thought I'd try setting 9 out - wow, what a difference still. Much more punchy and more like my Polestar'd XC60 (which I love to drive). Not sure how long I will leave it on setting 9 as I'm sure I'll be visiting the fuel stations more often as a result, but I can safely say, of all the car purchases I have made over the years, this is right up there with some of the best!

Can't recommend the unit enough - once you get over the small deposit (£50), it's then £13 a month for 36 months. Some will cringe as that's a long time, but it's not really a huge amount of money for what this unit actually does to the car in the way it transforms it. Truly, a wonderful addition!
murphyslaw is offline   Reply With Quote