View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2019, 11:28   #8
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffcat View Post
I have just been advised that the 2nd year service for my V40 D2 with 12340 miles will be £445.00 at the main dealer - am I correct in assuming I need a dealer service to maintain the manufacturer warranty or can I go elsewhere for half the price?
As long as they use the correct parts and methods you can go anywhere , Be very careful they use the correct volvo 0w/20 VCC RBS0-2AE specification it is unique to volvo . Beware you get what you pay for , it is unwise to skimp servicing so early in the car's life . You will not get any current software updates which cure small bugs discovered that is not just engine but the whole car software is updated , you don't get free breakdown cover for the next year .. and above all you do not get the same level of technical knowledge as a dealer . as an example ask your £222 servicer when the cam belt etc should be renewed and report back here afterwards ... and it is highly likely you will get oil level fault messages a few days after the service ...

Due to your low mileage your dealer is supposed to talk to you about their "essential" service which is a lot cheaper .