View Single Post
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 15:37   #12
SpaceBoy42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavi57 View Post
Programming the park climate will trigger steer and seat heating, manually starting it will disregard your settings. This has been so since the beginning in my case. Strange thing for which my dealer has no explication.
You used to be able to program the parking climate when not plugged in which was excellent in the winter before you left work for home. Finish work, walk outside past everyone scraping the ice off their windows, pop into your toasty warm car and drive off in comfort!

Sadly, they have removed that functionality from the car as of about a year ago and have updated the user manual accordingly so it now states you can't do that unless you are plugged in which is a real shame as it didn't kill your battery capacity or anything like that, can't see why they decided to remove it.

However, the parking climate direct stuff SHOULD work and it clearly doesn't. The only way I know of to get the heated seat and steering wheel function to work remotely is by enabling all the auto-xxx options on start up in the climate menu and using the remote start capability which is complete overkill.