View Single Post
Old Mar 10th, 2024, 20:43   #2
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainG View Post
Went out to the car this morning and found 2" of water in the drivers footwell. I park nose down on a sloping drive. Actually I had noticed yesterday there was a damp smell in the car and I must admit we did have a lot of rain last night as well. I don't have a sunroof. My first thought was AirCon drain. So I started the engine and put the AirCon on full. Checked under the car and the outlet was dripping so all OK. Checked I hadn't left any windows open and door seals. All seemed fine. Also checked the windscreen hadn't become un-bonded
Next thought was Scuttle drain.
Removed the wipers and the plastic cover and saw that the tide was in !!
The water was 1/2 way up the wiper motor. I removed the Wiper motor and assembly to find the drain. It is under the wiper motor. Gave everything a good clean, cleared the drain, greased the wiper linkages and reassembled.
Managed to suck over a gallon of water out of the footwell.
It will dry out over the next few days.
Although it was a pain to have the water in the car it was satisfying to find the problem and sort it
as a fellow member of the V50 swimming pool (mobile) club a Big thank you for finding another point of entry, how tight under the wiper motor is the drain, seeing as i have a Very long Very flexiable bottle brush already for my sunroof drains,,,