Thread: General: - Braided hose failure
View Single Post
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 14:19   #18
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

StatusRed - Im not sure what 320mm calipers have to do with hoses, as from tech drawing the only difference is total lenght and some mount points. No clue whether its important as per operational force or just for routing.

Dom - didnt find any extra info for 18' cars, just those 3 parts
but that raises interesting question - you could specify wheel size when buying car new, so for example you could have AWD models in 16 or 17 aswell. Those are not determined by VIN number meaning Vida would still provide the same p/n matching your car, I think. And I dont think anyone changes brake hoses in factory if you order different wheel size?....
did you check in Vida what pn your hoses goes for? we can crosscheck with ATE part numbers then, could be interesting.

Andy_D - yes, I am taking any possibility in account and in general I am really not against braided hoses even now. I really miss the feeling of firm pedal and having 2 rubber ones in front now makes a HUGE difference in brake feeling (and nobody will convince me its just "placebo effect"). Immediately after leaving my mech I felt difference - brakes were properly bled (using the same brake fluid I had in system) and works perfectly well, its just the stock squishy feeling makes me less happy than before.
BTW your theory - the other hose taken off the car started to show the same exact symptoms (on closeup u can see wires sticking up) and its highly possible after an x amount of miles it would do exactly the same. 2 rear ones on other hand present no sign of tear&wear and are resting comfortably in more horizontal position without any bents. I dont think the quality of material is the issue (i.e. how it withstanding pressure) but the way firmer hose react to suspension travel.

FM - wow, thats an interesting thread (until it turned into "dont buy Pagid brake fluid " ) thanks. I wonder if parts quality has its play here or difference in design or what...
so far havent come across Goodridge failure info yet... ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d89d9cd4-9573-42c1-bc4b-5ded1c23c5cb.jpg (108.7 KB, 13 views)