Thread: General: 70: - cleaning upholstery
View Single Post
Old Jun 10th, 2019, 21:26   #8
Bigfella666
Premier Member

Good to hear you good Jack but I misled you about the price of Megs APC - I have just ordered a US gallon for 26 quid

When I pulled years and years of grease out of the Alcantara on Lenny I used Ammo Deans method save using an upholstery brush - softer bristles, circular then 90 degree motion then pulled the dirt / solution out with a damp Defunct tea towel ( 100% cotton / linen ). This was done many times over the summer months ( rubbed down with fine wet and dry when dry ) and my only regret was not taking pics at the start

If you do end up doing it yourself trick is not to get the material too wet and of course happy to come over and do it for you in return for free accommodation - been raining here non stop since at least 0300 this morning !!

I have only ever used our Romanian cousins to valet an s60 I had for a few months. They got rid of the grime on pale trim very well - but within a few weeks the stains reappeared - one of the reasons I began experimenting with Alcantara myself and boy did I make the right call !

Kindest regards
Bigfella666 is offline   Reply With Quote