View Single Post
Old Apr 29th, 2020, 01:23   #13
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextmove View Post
Which turned out to be a disaster. Despite trying hard I hated driving it, and when the clutch died almost immediately despite only 30k on the clock, and the thing being in mint condition otherwise, I realised that some dreams are best left unfulfilled.
Sometimes those itches have to be scratched to realise that though. I'd always had a yearning for a Jeep XJ Cherokee 4.0 HO until a few years ago. After selling my last 740 and still needing a "Dogmobile" i bought the XJ. It wasn't without its problems, most of which i was prepared for and happy to sort.

However, a previous owner had fitted LPG to it (part of the reason i bought it in fact) but they'd made a terrible job of it (so bad i had to fit a new control system!) and mounted a torpedo tank behind the rear seat.

Bearing in mind the Cherokee is meant to be an estate car, fitting the tank there destroyed it for any decent load. Wasn't that great for the hound either!

Hence it was put up for sale and by a stroke of luck, my current 760GLE came up for sale about the same time.

Volvo bought and picked up, Jeep sold, rest is history. If i win the lottery, i might have another XJ but it will have to be a very well sorted one to start with - meanwhile the dream is fulfilled, itch scratched and lessons learned.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: