View Single Post
Old Aug 8th, 2022, 22:47   #14
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post
Went into my local dealer today to ask exactly that. Cleland Volvo, Galashiels, Scottish Borders.

I basically explained that I want to be going along in eco or comfort, but then if an opportunity arises to pass something slow moving on an A road, I don't want to be faffing with selecting a different drive mode. The service manager told me that it is effective regardless of drive mode and is designed for exactly that purpose - mid range punch.

I'm booked in for 17th August, T4 petrol - and he's doing it for £500.
He was accurate in what he told you. It also modifies the drive train (gearbox) settings to match the revised set up.
I have it on my T5 and it transformed the car. Yes if you put it into Polestar mode it is like supersport action. In other modes what it does simply is give a more balanced access to those horses through the mid range. You should notice some improvement in your T4 even in Eco mode.
My T5 feels and drives more balanced in all modes. Fuel consumption in all but Polestar optimisation mode is very little different to stock.
I agree with Clan that Volvo don't supply the cars as stock as most Volvo owners look for comfort. However, in the case of the S60, which was marketed as a sports saloon they should have applied it a stock.

Last edited by ovlov04v; Aug 8th, 2022 at 22:49.
ovlov04v is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ovlov04v For This Useful Post: