View Single Post
Old Sep 15th, 2021, 14:28   #32
s1monc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
What level of boost should be displayed on the stock boost gauge under full boost?

The needle on my car goes about 1/4 into the white section, and there doesn't feel to be the surge of power I would expect. Are there any obvious things I can check? I've looked at the lines from the turbo to the TCV and everything is now connected (the blue line to the fresh air link wasn't connected at the tree ). The hoses do feel a bit crumbly on all three so could there be a boost issue there as a result?

It doesn't feel as urgent as I think it should, so any advice would be welcomed.

Many thanks

Mark

This is a recent purchase (two days old!) so I'm still learning the quirks of the car. It has near full history. Recent turbo rebuild, and the PCV has just been done. Looking for guidance please as I learn to hopefully gain trust in it!
Hi Mark, I’m in Canterbury, not sure if that’s far from you as I see you are in Kent. I’ve got x2 manual T-5Rs and it took a while to trace boost leaks on one of them. Deffo buy a boost gauge even if it’s just for testing purposes, much easier to work out what’s going on. Both mine are slightly modded. Also got an F80 M3 as I like the old and new.

Your welcome to come over if you want to have a drive of either of mine to compare to yours in how it feels/goes.

Cheers
Simon
s1monc is offline   Reply With Quote