View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2021, 08:59   #40
Pupbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffler View Post
If the intercooler and or the boost hoses were damaged the chances are you'd struggle to start it not to mind drive it.

How sure are you that the vacuum lines from the TCV to the turbo are in the correct order? Did you work off a diagram or replace like for like as they may have been incorrectly fitted prior to your purchase.

Is the new valve colour coded or marked e.g. yellow to wastegate, red to compressor housing, blue to fresh air.
The car starts and idles fine and ticks over nicely too. The new 7.28197.16.0 Pierburg had red/yellow/blue ports marked on it and I replaced as per the old control valve, but routed as you say, yellow to wastegate, red to compressor and blue to the air intake. Plugged in just fine, and did a gentle drive with a few foot down moments to help the car to "learn" although mine seems to be not wanting to learn bugger all.

I'm erring towards changing the BCV diaphragm next, but I'm going to ring Owen Developments who did some turbo work according to the receipts in the middle of last year to establish just what they did. The BCV looks shiny and new so could already have been changed

Last edited by Pupbelly; Sep 16th, 2021 at 09:03.
Pupbelly is offline   Reply With Quote