View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2020, 14:50   #8
binty

Thumbs up photos

Hi,
I just nipped out and tried it, noting exactly what I did, so here goes.
Unfortunately I can't get a good photo inside the catch so hope this helps.
The switch is underneath the round spring, towards the front of the car. You can jus see it if you get the right light and angle, but it is easier to feel as described below.

Insert a thin hex key into the catch and hook under the round spring.
Keep the shaft of it touching the spring.
Gently rotate the hex key clockwise until it stops against the inside of the catch.
Lower it down keeping gentle rotation pressure on and you will feel the tip of the key twist into the gap between the catch mechanism and the microswitch.
You should now be able to press the microswitch down, it is only a couple of mm, and it should click softly. You can toggle it on and off with the hex key and it will click each time.
It is more like watchmaking than car mechanics.
I attach some photos, including one showing what angle the hex key is at when it contacts the microswitch.
Also one of the bump stop.

Good luck and I can understand why it may be difficult to make the loop with wire, the terminals are for flat pins I recall, and quite deep inside the plug. I attach a photo of the bridge i made from a forked electrical terminal, twisting the forks 90 degrees so they are parallel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_0065.jpeg (225.9 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0068.jpg (120.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0070.jpg (141.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0071.jpg (126.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0072.jpeg (152.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_0063.jpeg (285.6 KB, 46 views)
Mercedes SLK 250d 9G auto AMG line (Black)
Previous Volvos C30 Rdesign 2.0D (black), C30 Rdesign 1.6D (black), S60 T5 (black)
binty is offline   Reply With Quote