View Single Post
Old Jan 6th, 2016, 17:30   #30
v70stu
V60 T6

The more I read about the lights on these cars, the more I am convinced that the ideal solution (aside from a cost no object upgrade to HID - properly done to avoid failed wiper motor issues) is a clean of the lenses, a decent set of high quality upgraded bulbs and the level adjustment being set to the maximum allowable level, avoiding dazzle.
The light from many car headlights seems to form "hotspot" areas on the road, which gives the impression of better light output. However, with my V50 I notice the light spread, whilst not stunningly bright, is very evenly spread and has a good reach into the distance. It's more dissipated. Whilst it isn't, on first appearance, as "bright" as some car headlights, I actually find the output is perfectly comfortable on unlit country roads and unlit motorways.
High quality upgrade bulbs (Osram etc), plus a clean of the lenses and a height setting, is the best way with these.