Thread: V70: Suspension - Struts
View Single Post
Old Oct 15th, 2019, 23:58   #16
Kev0607
Premier Member

Hi,

Sorry to bump an older thread, but it'll save posting another & I'd be grateful if you or anyone else in the know could help me. I couldn't see any part numbers or stickers on the shocks unfortunately - They're just corroded (57 plate V70 p3). I'm planning on replacing the front shocks & there seems to be decent parts at reasonable prices online, so I wouldn't mind tacking the job soon. Is my only option to hook the car up to VIDA/Dice to get the actual suspension configuration to give me exact part numbers, as I couldn't find any indication of what the numbers were on the existing shocks? Getting the exact OE part numbers would help when searching for aftermarket stuff. There would be nothing worse than going to all the extent of stripping everything down to realise that the parts don't fit! I know the car hasn't got the active 4c chassis if that narrows it down at all.

Am I correct in thinking that if I use the second picture posted above as a reference that it shows all the parts that make up the assembly, whereas the first image is a basic layout?

Your help is appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by Kev0607; Oct 16th, 2019 at 00:08.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote