Thread: General: - E46 Bi-Xenon (budget) retrofit
View Single Post
Old Nov 13th, 2017, 16:56   #30
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevien1 View Post
Can honestly say after changing to HID bulbs with the standard projectors(2012 model) im still disappointed. Brightness has improved dramatically but the light is just focused on the road directly in front of you and not the distance that I would class as safe. I went with 5000k 35w for the HID. Might go to a garage and see can they adjust them up without blinding oncoming traffic.
Sorry to hear that.
Not sure if your issue is due to projector type that simply wont output any better or misaligned/crappy bulb, but if its only height issue , but you can always try to adjust them yourself ( I did mine). Takes just few minutes to learn&understand the concept and after that if you follow instructions it will just be as good as garage. Or even better, as you wont snap your regulators.... (seriously)...

thats what I've been using as guidance for last few years. Checked once against machine in my indie shop - allignment was spot on.