View Single Post
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 20:27   #30
poisondart
Well la dee frickin' da

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc90tology View Post
Update: Took Rob's advice (I was wrong) and went to Volvo independent garage to replace transmission oil and reset computer. Volvo stealer quoted me £190 for the job, independent dealer did it for £70. Signs of trouble to come are there: oil very dark and smelling of burnt - indication of tranny going, allegedly. However, I've now done 200 miles and red triangle of death has not come back, but I'm holding my breath. The whining sound was actually a bad nsf wheel bearing, which I am sorting myself.

Quick reflection: we've had two beemers before switching to Volvo, yet BMW dealer never patronised us for servicing an 'old' car; always polite, always professional and helpful. Volvo dealer keep saying stuff like: ah, this is an old car, we can't really do much. Wtf? So what, some cars age well, and even if they don't, how about a little professionalism? Snobs, unprofessional, or just careless?
Did you have the software upgraded? Would be worth doing.

Regarding dealers, I wonder is it that particular dealer being unprofessional? I had my 2004 T6 serviced at my dealer, and I never felt patronised. I always see older Vovlos in for service and repair there, and when I bought a new XC90, the sales guy, who was relatively new at Volvo, said he was quite surprised at the degree of brand loyalty and the length of time people keep their Volvos.

Steak puns are a rare medium to be done well.
poisondart is offline   Reply With Quote