View Single Post
Old Jan 9th, 2019, 00:06   #27
AllHailKingVolvo
Ye olde Volvii galore!

The bottom line here is that there is no longer a "Book" for our cars. They are ultimately worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay, and a buyer's budget and desire for a specific car is something that can only really be understood and quantified by the buyer in question.

I recently rolled the dice on a beautiful 240 Torslanda estate. I'd wanted one for years and the right car came up. I paid £2750 for it sight unseen (just lots of pics and videos courtesy of the son of the elderly seller) and had it couriered back to me from Leeds to West Dorset.

To any sane person, this would be considered MENTAL behaviour. Including delivery, I was £3k deep on a 26yr old car that I hadn't even seen in person, let alone driven. But, I was lucky enough to have juuuust enough money to make it happen, and mental enough to go through with it. And, you know what? I'm absolutely beyond thrilled with the car-it was even better than I expected. Proper "love at first sight" job.

Logic and "book" doesn't really factor with these cars. I think for every car there is an owner, even the crazy money low miles import 900s on eBay...someone will want them.

I find it really interesting to see the price trends ebb and flow. One thing is for certain though, in five years we'll all be waxing lyrical about the days when you could pick up a really tidy 2/7/900 for £2500...
‘88 745 GL B200E M47
AllHailKingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AllHailKingVolvo For This Useful Post: