View Single Post
Old Oct 21st, 2019, 20:46   #10
Shinsplintz 101

Thumbs down

With the greatest respect John, no one, and I mean NO ONE in their right mind is going to pay £13k for an auto saloon, T5r or not.

At that money it would need to be concourse standard. It isn't. For a start its got nasty orange aftermarket suspension fitted & drilled & grooved discs!?!

And as for the mileage being irrelevant - i dont think so - has the engine been rebuilt (new rings,main bearings, uprated rods, RMS, head refurb & valve stem seals, cam seals, cam. Sensor etc...) turbo replaced/rebuilt & new TCV, IC pipework replaced & new Ic/radpack, gearbox reconditioned, driveshafts rebuilt/replaced? The liat could go on.

For the money your asking ALL the above (and more) should have been done to give the new owner piece of mind. Otherwise its a ticking time bomb with bugger all budget left to fix it. Just because you may hace spent £12k on it doesnt mean its worth that or more.

I love that these cars are finally starting to bounce back in value - they're my passion & I've saved my fair share - but buyer beware - a wrongun will break your heart & your bank balance.

I recently sold a manual 850r estate for half what your asking. I could of cashed in & laid it on thick, but didnt...... Like yours it was rare (rarer as it happens )..
.. Like yours, it was a 22 + year old performance car & even though they are going up in value, it will go wrong, so leave a bit of meat on the bone for the next man!

I'm not one for commenting on sales threads normally. But there was just something about yours that i couldnt ignore.

This site is for enthusiastic volvoholics, most without deep pockets or flash harry aspirations. We just love the swede. Its a blessing and a curse.

Try piston heads. Your advert will sit nicely in their classifieds......amongst some of the other ****e rolled in glitter.

Best of luck. Morgan
Shinsplintz 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shinsplintz 101 For This Useful Post: