View Single Post
Old Apr 13th, 2010, 00:28   #19
Vecais

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesnappa View Post
Hell yes...I was on the beach today, sand, shingle, boulders...just as sure footed as the XC90 it replaced. Had fun in the sun so I am a happy owner. The acceleration is good but the one niggle is that when you back off the accelerator and then go back on, there is a slight delay before the power boots in. It is there from the first touch but seems gentle power rather than snap in power. It happens but a fraction after the pedal is pushed down. I suppose that I need to back off less and keep it all spinning, maybe it is a car that likes revs to get the best out of it. I have not noticed this in the gentle driving I have done till yesterday when I was pushing it through the curves...not madly but just driving in a 'sporty' manner and I just felt there was a bit of a delay then 'bang' and in it came. Any one else noticed this? The rest of the car is fine though.
I noticed this when I was on the initial test drive with a MY09 model. The sales person pointed out that it was due to turbo lag and that there would be less of a problem with the MY10 model because of the twin turbo.

Sure enough I have almost zero lag with mine.

There was no MY10 model to test drive at the time and I considered the possibility that the saleswoman may be wrong. The issue was not enough to put me off buying. As you say, it is not that apparent during normal driving.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vecais For This Useful Post: