Thread: 1800: - Panhard rod axle fixing
View Single Post
Old Nov 19th, 2019, 13:02   #7
powen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by powen1 View Post
Hi I was in the process of changing out the Panhard bushes for Poly's when the bolt that was holding the axle connection snapped off (rust) Anybody got any good ideas on how to fix this ? or done this before ? The only solution I can see is maybe cutting off and drilling out bolt/spindle and then replace with new bolt through mounting, Had a look on the web but can't find anything that replaces this ! Thanks guys
Thanks all for your comments your correct this is the axle connection for the Panhard Rod,
My question was if you could replace it with parts but from what I've seen, I cannot find any detailed pictures or parts in any parts catalog that could replace it, Not sure if the collar is fixed to the Bolt or separate and from the back of the welded part looks pretty flat so either welded to bracket or screwed in but does not protrude that much at rear - from what I'm reading the only answer is to cut off drill out and install bolt or stud into bracket then fabricate the sleeve to accept the poly bush ? any more thoughts gratefully received
powen1 is offline   Reply With Quote