View Single Post
Old Dec 7th, 2017, 23:08   #5
Semnoz

Some more 'real world' driving to report on, to provide further 'before and after' comparison. It was mainly just driving home in slow traffic, but I did also get onto a motorway for a few minutes.

Overall, the car feels like a lighter car when accelerating at lower speeds up to about 30mph, and the engine response is less 'lumpy'. I'm very concious of speeding and straight away I'm finding myself at about 32/33mph whereas I'd usually be plodding along in built-up areas at about 29/30mph. This is just based on feel, so not a scientific comparison, but I've got very used to required 'pressing' on the accelerator pedal - and overall I don't need to press it as far now.

I did get to do one 'quick blast' at higher speed. On an uphill sliproad onto the motoroway, it travelled through the gears with extra ease, and was soon over 80mph before the road even levelled off while joining the motorway. It certainly felt smoother and more efficient.

On a negative side, if it's dark with cars behind and I floor it, it creates a smoky cloud behind me. In day time I don't see anything, so if it is smoke, it's definately not 'black smoke'. In fact, it could just be soot or some other emissions that are only visible if there are car headlights behind. Oh well, I rarely drive like that, so will worry about it another day. Presently, the car doesn't lose any oil or coolant so I don't think I've got a serious leak anywhere. Maybe a clogged up DPF or something.....but car passed MOT last month easily without even advisories.