View Single Post
Old Apr 6th, 2024, 16:55   #927
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepcar View Post
After a couple of years being less than impressed with the low pressure from my front windscreen washer pump, I finally tackled replacing it with one from my donor car. I ended up taking the reservoir out of the car & soaking it in a diluted bleach solution, to remove the years of black gunk that was probably clogging everything up. I also blasted the washer lines through with my compressor. All back together now & the jets now squirt half way up the screen instead of the first 6 inches. Conclusion: stop using cheap pre-mix washer fluid & get some Prestone concentrate. It works out cheaper & much more efficient at keeping everything clean. ( no I am not sponsored by them)
I converted to Prestone several years ago - after suffering from cheap washer fluid that went to jelly and clogged everything up. I also use diluted Prestone for all the house window cleaning - diluted 1:9 water. It also cleans the household mirrors without any streaks and leaves a positive shine to them. Better than any proprietary window cleaner I have tried.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post: