View Single Post
Old Jul 13th, 2019, 12:36   #10
Motormanical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin160 View Post
I guess the answer to ‘am I missing something...?’ question lies in deciding what level of cover is required and what the small print conditions stipulate to ensure you are eligible for the level of cover you have chosen.
Obviously, there will be responses relating to good and bad opinions of different organisations, but personally I don’t have any experience of any of the ‘unbelievably cheap’ options. They may be OK, but you would need to study the detail.
My experience shows me the RAC automatically renews policies, which in my book is a recipe for disaster if you have any respect for your wallet. It also appears the major players tend to have targets on sales of such things as batteries, so if you have left your lights on then expect to be sold a new battery.
Again to me, it is important that the cover is extends to an option to ‘get the car home’ - to your local repair contacts, but the conditions under which this kicks in may well be restrictive.
So called ‘free with bank accounts’ can again be basic, and to me, it seems the current bottom line is an ‘£x/month’ cost and there can be a disregard to what that adds up to in a year.
Yes, there will be answers with experience, but I still feel it boils down to personal choice -having studied the small prints.
Cheapest is not always worse, and dearest certainly is never always best.
Yeah I've a lot of people complaining that their renewal price is more expensive than a new customer price. So much for loyalty. What stops you cancelling a renewal and then taking out a new policy with the same company at the lower new customer rate?
Motormanical is offline   Reply With Quote