View Single Post
Old Feb 7th, 2018, 15:53   #2
NI_Volvo_Nut
Volvologist

Ok, pay attention, I shall say this only once....

Firstly you need to find TDC, there is a mark on the flywheel which will line up to an arrow in the inspection hole at the bottom of the bell housing. Next, loosen the 22mm bolt on the camshaft which allows the cam pulley to then spin. (Check TDC hasn't moved)

Now on the pump body you will see a line at around 10 o'clock looking at it from the passenger wing. You will also find a small nic in the back of the pulley, these are the pump timing marks. On the side of the pump you will see a 10mm bolt with a thick washer, loosen the bolt, remove the washer (U shaped, you only need to slacken the bolt). Now, with the 2 marks lined up on the pump, bring the pump anti clockwise by 1 tooth and screw in the 10mm bolt you removed the washer from, this locks the pump in place. Check TDC again, adjust the tensioners and tighten the cam pulley bolt. Now loosen the 10mm bolt and slide the washer back in, tighten. At this the car should now start and run well enough to get it to someone to set it dynamically.

On a side note, if the tensioner for the pump belt collapsed I would recommend you replace the main belt kit and do it before getting it dynamically timed as you need to remove the pump belt to change the main belt

What's the matter with the car I'm driving?
Can't you tell that it's out of style?
Should I get a set of white wall tires?
Are you gonna cruise the miracle mile?
NI_Volvo_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NI_Volvo_Nut For This Useful Post: