View Single Post
Old Oct 7th, 2018, 11:06   #84
Fortune7
VOC Member

I posted on this subject last year and (from the T8 ownership point of view) feel a bit less confused once I read the attached 'In house' Volvo publication, which covers the issue from around page 23.
Clearly, with the process of continual software updating the document may not be 100% reliable but it might help!

As for me, I use pre-conditioning (from the VOC app) without being plugged-in, subject to the recognised fuel and battery minimums. ERS (Remote Start) won't work plugged-in, but does un-plugged. As far as I can tell, ERS is the only way to cool the interior with A/C, when circumstances permit. Preconditioning will use fan-cooling only.

<EDIT: Having re-read the doc., it says that Preconditioning will use A/C, which if true, means the A/C compressor on the T8 is electrically driven, not engine driven. TBH, my only recollection when using precon. in hot weather was the fan (only) running, and the interior wasn't as cool as if A/C had been used, but then I've been wrong before....... EDIT>

Hope it helps!

Andy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf P3 Workbook 2017pdf.pdf (1.08 MB, 43 views)

Last edited by Fortune7; Oct 7th, 2018 at 12:22.
Fortune7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fortune7 For This Useful Post: