View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2019, 15:36   #3
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Have you ever tried to activate it when decesending down a circular ramp in a multi-storey car park when the front parking sensors are going off.....???
The normal way of swiping the SENUS screen to reveal the 360 camera option does not work as the Parking Sensor screen will override it - so the only way is to engage Reverse Gear to bring up the rear camera screen from which you can then activate the 360 camera BEFORE re-engaging forward drive with full camera view operating. BUT by then that poor driver behind you has beeped his horn a few times wondering why on earth you want to "Reverse" up the circular ramp........
So my solution posted on an earlier thread would be provide the driver with a single user-programmable button to the left of the large Volume Rotary knob below the SENUS screen thereby maintaning Volvo's nice almost buttonless dashboard layout. A Poll suggested that over 75% of owners would programme this button for the 360 camera just to prevent the above type of scenario and make the 360 camera much more user accessible.
Absolutely agree on this one, my wife and I both have it as one of the number 1 everyday frustrations with the car. It could be easily solved with a simple software update which adds a camera button to the parking sensor screen. There could even be a configuration option which allows you to default the 360 camera for the parking sensor screen.

The camera is activated by default in the X5 and it works great. I think its with the new X5's that you can also set geo locations for the camera to come on automatically. So for example if you have to edge out of a narrow drive as we do, the car can be set to always put the wide angle front camera on when you do that manoeuvre in that specific location, brilliant!

The Volvo camera has always felt a bit too inaccessible.

:wq