View Single Post
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 16:04   #17
Oilydad
Premier Member

Smile New Volvo Models

Personally, I still think that the 940 Series was, and still is, the best Volvo ever produced. BRING IT BACK !!

These modern 'jelly mould' shapes do absolutely nothing for me, and as many other car owners have found, with all manufacturers, servicing these computers on wheels, is so outrageously expensive that only the very wealthy can even afford to run them, never mind buy them.

It all comes back to the same solution for me whenever I go to buy a car. I would NEVER buy a new car anyway, despite being well able to do so.

Heated steering wheels, DVD players built into headrests, and the 'so essential' built in satnav and all the rest of it, are just so much window dressing.

Is that SO difficult for car manufacturers to understand.

All I want is a car that will go from A to B, reliably, comfortably and economically. One that I can service myself, and one that will last for a good long time. One that will do 70mph. One that will cope with all weathers (even like it is now). I reckon that the first manufacturer that brought out a basic model as above would sell millions of them to drivers all over the globe, because people are more interested in economy now than ever before.