View Single Post
Old Feb 22nd, 2017, 10:33   #15
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Yes, a good point, a warm day is best if working on the dash, one large brittle lump of plastic. Thanks for the thanks... (under his breathe) says... how long will it be beofre its railroaded off at a tangent by one of the knuckle-draggers...

You makes a good point guv'. Hence:

Hard to get parts
Some parts, if available are so damned pricey, you'd think we were driving Mercs. Nivomats spring to mind.

Mercedes have made it a deliberate policy to price 10+ YO cars to the crusher with parts prices.

Fortunately aside from Nivomats et al we can still go to the breakers' yards, but you're right, you can no longer bank on one being there. Brake linings will never be an issue, you'll get brake parts for almost any car ever made, however I'm starting to hoard the more obscure parts. (Bifuel parts is my thing) To get to 300,000 some of you might need to do the same.

Bifuel LPG/ CNG Necam Stepper Motors

Keep these lubricated with GT85, not WD40 or cry in your beer. Keep the dizzy clean. Ignore this and you'll likely be speaking to me for a another. Last year you couldn't buy this part at any price. This part unique to Volvo with unique to Volvo price. Necam made a small batch recently, but this part has to be made obsolete soon. I bang on about this here:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=183

Larger 302mm Front discs Upgrade
These got put on go-faster models like the T & R models. Plod had them specc'd on motorway patrol vehicles. A mod over and above a fault but a worthwhile one, not just for boy-racers. Gives a marked improvement to brakes, quick, easy and cheap to do. Strictly speaking, requires Perfo rims, but with so much meat on those calipers (I've cut one open) what this guy advocates whilst looking very slapdash, nay dangerous I see no issue with. He uses the easier to get Colomba rims. Of course, use Perfos if you can get them. For a while, the caliper carrier required for this mod was hard to get. I believe now back in production.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...olumba+caliper

I'll add more later.

Keep 'em coming gents...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PerfoRimsIdentify2ndFromLHSisColumbia.jpg (38.0 KB, 52 views)

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Feb 22nd, 2017 at 12:11.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CNGBiFuel For This Useful Post: