View Single Post
Old Mar 30th, 2019, 18:05   #3
BarryCambs

I have the same problem with my 2002 V70. I have a 1929 car which has European recovery as part of it's insurance cover (£150 a year all in) with Adrian Flux and I think(?) they also cover cars of this age, but no idea what the premium is. I keep meaning to find out, then always forget when it comes to renew my Green Flag cover for the Volvo. In a couple of years time, the V70 will be old enough for classic insurance too!

We go abroad once or twice a year, but my thinking is, the car is no more likely to breakdown there as it is at home and I've never had a call out in the UK. Even if I paid an extra 25 quid a trip, I'd have spent at least £250 in the last few years, so if it cost a couple of hundred to tow it off a motorway, I'm still in profit :-)

The only twice I had problems abroad it was with punctures, once with a lorry and once with a motorbike. Given this, I always make sure I can get the wheel nuts off (normally cripplingly over tightened by tyre depots) and the spare has air in it.

Last edited by BarryCambs; Mar 30th, 2019 at 18:25.
BarryCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BarryCambs For This Useful Post: