View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2012, 20:54   #19
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard333 View Post
What is the minimum hard drive requirement , Vida says 10 gb but I believe the actual programme takes about 4.2 gb on a dvd so would it run on such a low spec machine with a 10gB hdd which has maybe a total of 7.5gb free space ? Reason for asking is theres lots of cheap Dell C600s around with 10gB hard drives , 512mB ram , 800mHz with X Pro sp2 so nearly all complying with Vida except for the processor speed might be too slow ? If a C600 is no good would a D600 be ok , I dont want to spend more than I have to on yet another otherwise useless old lap top.
The size of the drive isnt critical but free space is , min 30 gb .. an 80 gb should be minimum as you will probably end up with other things installed on it .

Vida originaly ran on DELL D510 systems out in the field and later had memory upgrades to 2 Gb . it runs fine on these machines and a working DELL D610 ( 2 ghz processor ) can be picked up for less than £100 .Look carefully and you can find better quality 1400 wide screens than the standard 1200 pixels wide ,it then means no scrolling !