View Single Post
Old Jan 24th, 2020, 21:14   #7
tdidave
V70 TDi CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by C70Noob View Post
Only had this car for about a month and so far it's been fine (except for that rattle which got sorted), however, 3 days ago as I'm driving I notice the battery light on the dash would periodically go on for a second or two then off again for maybe 5-20 seconds.

Every time the battery light comes on the headlights dimmed and the a/c fan slowed, the battery light then goes off the headlights flash really bright, then fade for a few seconds then dim again when the dash battery light comes on again.

The battery in the car is not the right one anyway, its a 54Ah with 530CCA, for a diesel engine, but according to what I can find it should have a 60Ah 520CCA battery, but suggests an optional 70Ah 600CCA battery.

Any ideas at all? I'm really hoping it's a battery because an alternator will be pricy!

Thanks in advance
I had exactly the same symptoms on my V70 Tdi early last year. It had me scratching my head too because I didn't want to waste money on buying something that wasn't needed. In the end though the battery charge light stayed on, and checking with a multimeter at the battery there was no charge.

I panicked a bit at first because I was in France, and was going to be for several months. I need not have worried though, I checked on Ebay and found a brand new alternator in Germany for £72. It was delivered within two days Express delivery £16.84. Its the same rate for UK. This price was less than some being sold as used. If you need an alternator, maybe give them a try, they may be able to sort you one for your C70. The Ebay link is below.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lichtmasc...TR=1#vi-ilComp

Dave..

My old Turquoise 850 TDi GLT & my present Garnet Red V70 TDi CD

My 1998 V70 TDi CD : http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/album.php?albumid=654
tdidave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tdidave For This Useful Post: