Thread: Vida & Dice
View Single Post
Old Jun 4th, 2020, 16:17   #7
Tatsfield
Premier Member

MM: I am considerably older than you and never earned my living in IT but I did set up VIDA/DiCE to run on an old laptop. It wasn't plain sailing but with repeated reading of the notes which came with the VIDA clone software, posts on this forum and repeated attempts which taught me a long list of what not to do. I managed it and have the thing running. It isn't actually difficult but because you are not carrying out the direct instructions of the Volvo Car Company you have to step carefully through procedures which avoid the original instructions from them and use the ones from the sellers of the system which you will buy.

My VIDA is running on Win 7 and I did believe that was obligatory but it would be worth trying to install in on Win10 and see if you can. If not you install a virtual Win7 operating system from someone like Oracle VM VirtualBox which is downloadable from Oracle on the internet and is free. If you read all the postings from people who have managed to install VIDA you begin to see the common thread and the critical points to remember. Since you have a laptop the entire exercise shouldn't cost you more than about £50.