View Single Post
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 06:02   #9
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC
The success of yesterday's midlands meet got me thinking! It would be good to have regular meets accross the country like where people from all the forums can get together (we'll of course still have the monthly VOC performance meets at the Crooked Billet). It would be good to have a title for the meets that does not have a specific association with any specific UK forum - something like Volvo Modified and Performance Meets - what do you all think?
i do think thats a very good idea & after having such a good time at the truck stop would certainly make an effort to attend any more of the same type meets.

Altho i haven't thought of an alternative do think having "modified" or "performance" in the title is pigeon holeing the meet to begin with, i think the success of the Wolverhampton meet was down to the fact that from the begininng everyone knew it was open to all, not just between forum but Volvo's old/new, fwd/rwd, standard/modified & gave everybody a chance to have a close up look at other Volvo's that they wouldn't normally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizlyadams
Try keep up on a twisty road with my 945 and try keep up when the 16v penta beast engines in....not going to happen (if it ever happens lol)
old skool technology with only 16v as well, aint that cute
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote