View Single Post
Old Oct 9th, 2018, 08:34   #13
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbunt View Post
By way of resurrecting the thread, I've got the Weber conversion and decided to upgrade my generic air filter to a nice (American!) K&N. the old filter was rectangular and had space to accept an elbow on the underside of the filter housing that I connected to the top of my filler cap. The oil trap hose goes downstream of the carb on the intake.
Now, my problem is that there is no room under the new filter housing to accept the fitting from the oil filler. I tried it venting just under the hood to see if I really noticed the smell and I have to say I believe it did kind of smell. My engine runs well but is far from tight so I'm not really surprised. I added onto that filler cap hose and vented it just over the clutch mechanism and that seems better, but at idle I'm pretty sure it's worse than before I got the k&n.
Thought about T-ing into the other hose from the oil trap but can't really figure out if that's a bad idea. I know I'm kind of on my own with a heretical conversion but curious what people think about this situation? Derek, you have the Weber still? How are your hoses set up? Or anyone...just curious.
t seems as though the first step is to identify which system you have: If you look back in this thread to post #8 for example there's a link to the descriptions.

I reckon you are best off trying to replicate what was meant to be there even if it is a combination of size reducing blocks of "lego"
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote