View Single Post
Old Aug 24th, 2010, 09:49   #31
JimG
Premier Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSHEEPRIDD View Post
What was Harry's view?

I had originally decided on Grabbers, but RKV had persuaded me towards the Nokians as here in Aberdeenshire, we only get about 2 weeks Summer, so wet and snow are more important to me - mostly town driving & towing at weekends.

The Wintracs are too expensive as are my current Scorpions - so Grabbers, Nokians or Kumho??? Still got until Novemberish until I need to change all 4.

Grabbers & Nokians both about £550 fitted for 4. Kumho KL12 at £410!!!! (Wintracs £700+)
Looking on the General Tire website, the Grabber UHP is listed in their performance car section. This makes me think that they would be good for summer road use. All season options can be found in their Original Equipment range such as the Grabber ST. The Nokian WR G2 SUV looks like a good "all season" all rounder too. So it all depends on what you need the tyre for.

As I said in a previous post, I can't rate the Goodyear Wrangler HP AllWeather highly enough for year round, road and snow use. But it is the only tyre I have had experience with. I wonder why Harry ruled them out?
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote