View Single Post
Old Apr 22nd, 2018, 22:38   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60RDesign View Post
Evening all. The ventilation fan on my S60 has suddenly got very noisy and sounds like a diesel boat (ironically it started in the Norfolk Broads and sounded just like one of the holiday boats). I initially thought the engine had knackered and called Volvo Assist - the mechanic said it was the fan bearing and the whole dash will need to come out, probably around 5-6 hours labour. Is this a job that an independent would be able to do or is it best to have it done at a Volvo dealer?

The car is out of warranty but does have a full Volvo service history, and after the number of faults the car has had I’m wondering whether any goodwill could be offered.

In the last three months and all since the warranty expired, the front windscreen bonding failed and started leaking water, a wheel bearing failed and now this, together with paintwork repairs and a set of tyres this car is bankrupting me!

Has this fault happened to anyone else here?
very rare they give a problem , the fan motor drops out the bottom of the casing under the glovebox , not quite as easy as it sounds , take the carpet and underfelt out to give clearance , there are two casing screws around the back of the fan housing which are a bit tricky but a worthwhile job .