View Single Post
Old Aug 6th, 2016, 00:26   #1
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Default I said i'll be back!

Having been absent for a while except for occasional visits due to lack of a Volvo, i now find myself the proud owner of a 1988 760 GLEa V6 estate!

Picked it up yesterday via an ebay listing. Aside from a few "silly faults", it's pretty much spot on throughout and so far is almost certainly the best 700 estate i've owned to date.
My one minor criticism of the others is they weren't quite pokey enough but they all had the B230E 131bhp engines. This one gets round that with 500+cc more, 2 extra cylinders and an extra 38bhp all of which make themselves known!

It was owned by an elderly gent in Rickmansworth and i think he only ever tickled the loud pedal as after an Italian decoke on the M11 on the way home, the engine is much livelier!

Look out for more posts as i go through the various small repairs it needs, fit LED headlamp bulbs (ones that actually work and give a good beam pattern) and generally get it up to the standard i want it to be.

There will probably be a few posts asking about the ECC system as that isn't working correctly (air delivery selector not making any difference at all!) and maybe a few other things too.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: