Thread: Engine: D5: - 05 V70 Using loads of oil!?
View Single Post
Old Dec 11th, 2018, 23:09   #2
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworth89 View Post
right this is my final hurah with this bloody car. ive got a 2005 V70 D5 2.4TD 170BHP 6 speed model. its done 218K

Prioblem is: dpf has been chemically cleaned via a company, it has been blasted down the motorway etc but we are getting soot box full, engine service required.... we had the dpf cleaned no more than 2 months ago, the guy at the garage said it wasnt too bad?

it has been using oil like there its free! we top it up to full mark within 100 miles the oil light comes on and low and behold it is on minimum.

Dont know what else to try? I can possibly borrow a volvo Diagnostic VIDA unit to do a forced regen but i cant see why the dpf been full will cause it to use so much oil?

im sorry if this has been covered but im at a loss and ive looked without a definitive answer...

EGR has been cleaned etc DPF has been cleaned

Please can anyone shed some light....

It does throw some white smoke out when you pull off at 1st but other then that and the high oil consumption the car runs spot on
does it show any loss under the car ? if yes check core plug on rear or engine between gearbox. white smoke=unburnt fuel blue smoke =burning oil
Simmy is online now   Reply With Quote