View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2018, 13:40   #8
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta66 View Post
I think your proposed clean, polish and wax is as much as you can do. It is more about reservation of what you have, rather than actual improvement.

I don't use any product like t-cut and prefer to clay bar polish maybe twice a year and then use local car washes and with the wax finish to preserve the work done with the polish.
That's true enough but taking into account what Derek said as well and my personal experience of using the Meguiars, if the crazing/misting is only light in the lacquer then it can be easily polished out with the Paint Cleaner.

However, if the misting/crazing is deep then only a respray will sort it but if it can be made to look much more presentable for a few hours work and several tubs of elbow grease and protected with the wax for a bit more then it's well worth doing.

Someone else mentioned the clay mitt - i've heard good reports on them but usually only on paintwork that's pretty good to start with - the suggestion here is that it will still need the crazing polished out first. Whether that's right or not i'm not sure as i've never used any clay product (mitt or bar) so can't comment from personal experience, only what's been told to me by others on another forum.

Those others spend a lot of time on various detailing forums as well so i have reasonable confidence in what they suggest.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote