View Single Post
Old Aug 5th, 2019, 11:11   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreviz View Post
Thanks for the reply. Iam going to order the Total oil from eBay. It says in the spec VCC RBS0 2AE.

Volvo asking for 45 for 5 litres. This one is cheaper and Im using total in my XC90 same brand.
Is that Ebay oil ACTUALLY VOLVO VCC RBS0-2AE ? all it says on the bottle is ACEA A1 B1 ?? The specification VOLVO VCC RBS0-2AE must be on the bottle .
Total were the first maker other than Castrol to manufacture this Volvo specification oil 5 years ago , but would only sell it in 205 litre drums .

It is important you use the correct volvo spec oil , if you get an engine problem , high oil consumption perhaps or an EGR problem which has been reported on here or some other problem any warranty or goodwill from volvo which generally is pretty good will be void , they DO take oil samples to analyse ..

£ 45 for 5 litres from volvo is very reasonable considering the retail price is £12.50 per litre + vat ..

When changing your oil put exactly the whole 5 litres in and hope you do not get a high or low oil level message a few days later as the oil level gauge has to be calibrated when you change the oil ...

Last edited by Clan; Aug 5th, 2019 at 11:16.
Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clan For This Useful Post: