View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2019, 00:25   #2
Sotosound
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesey View Post
hi , been over a year since i got rid of my v70 cross country d5 , but now i find myself looking at a 2009 2.0d 136 bhp volvo v70 r design.
it looks great in black and drives superb , its just had a new clutch and flywheel with a slave cylinder , the car had done 112k but im worried about what engine it has got , the engine cover is grey and ive heard there 2 136bhp engines the ford psa and the volvo , any idea what year they changed and if this lump is good , the timing belt hasnt been done yet and the owner says it doesnt need it until 150k or 10 years which it is now , so i need this doing plus theres only 1 key...
any help would be good to help me make up my mind , cheers
That’ll have the Ford PSA engine. It’s a great engine but I’m not certain that it’ll have the same durability as the slightly later Volvo 5-cylinder 2.0l engine. On the other hand, it has the bonus of a new clutch and flywheel.

If the car is badged 2.0D then it has the PSA engine. If it’s badged D3 or D4 then it has the Volvo engine.

If I could afford it then I’d go for an early D3 with 163 HP. That will be a post-Ford Volvo, which would be my preference.

Last edited by Sotosound; May 20th, 2019 at 00:37.
Sotosound is offline   Reply With Quote