Thread: Engine 850: B5234TR/2.3/20v/T5R: - Loss in boost
View Single Post
Old Mar 1st, 2008, 16:59   #130
bb54
diy bhp

[QUOTE=PNuT;378174]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb54 View Post

the split in yours would have been leaking boost directly into the inlet manifold, thats were its going too anyway so technically its not lost boost, just taking a different route

but how do you know the valve is seating properly after its lifted? or if the boost pressure is pushing the valve off its seat?

all the split in yours confirms is that the depression from the inlet isnt going to open it in the correct way

having suffered lost boost in the past & silcon sealing my blanking plate the boost loss disapeered..... the blanking plate already had two rubber seals on! which in theory should be enough to hold the pressure????

i personally dont believe the reciurc valves are that reliable especially on high milage motors....
hi, i just started to write a "i beg to differ" reply and thought id better go and get my split recirc valve to make sure i understand how it works before i gob off he he.
good job i did cos your bang on the money.
id always presumed a damaged recirc was always in the "closed" position because the split diaphram didnt allow the inlet manifold depression to suck the valve open thus not allowing a dump and causing the audiable chopping sound associated with a faulty recirc.

how wrong i was... a faulty recirc is always "open" because the pressure in the inlet manifold cant close the valve due to the split diaphram.

as soon as i worked that out i started thinking how the hell does the chopping sound occur then if i was always dumping air through the recirc ???
your sentance... "the split in yours would have been leaking boost directly into the inlet manifold where it ultimately goes anyway" answerd that one

your smarter than me he he

wayne

auto 96 T5
tweaked n ratted
bb54 is offline   Reply With Quote