View Single Post
Old Jun 12th, 2018, 18:49   #10
bob12
bob12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 827Roverman View Post
The amount of deflection in my headlining is approximately 30mm, quite a lot! I have tried fitting 30mm plastic blocks one each side of the hole for the light and one inside the channel section, I tried bonding the plastic blocks to the headliner and metal roof with 3M VHB tape, needless to say it did not work, the facing material on the headliner is still bonded to the backing board and is in good clean condition, there are no clips or turn buckles on the centre preformed channel section, has anyone got any ideas how I can stick it back up to get rid of the deflection, or is it a case of buying a complete new headliner, (without a sunroof) if so any ideas where from and cost and what's involved, I'd like to get this resolved, it spoils what is a really nice car, David.
Reckon your only option now is to drop the headliner inside the car (which you would have to do in any case if you got a replacement headliner; which seems a waste if the existing is OK), and look carefully at why what shouldn't happen is happening!

Then, depending on what you find .... if it were me as a final solution, I would acquire from an estate breaker a couple of plastic turnbuckle fittings; make up two new metal brackets to accept them; superglue them to the metal of the roof in the the pre-formed 'ridge area' of the existing headliner, and put a hole in the existing headliner to match the hole in the brackets in a similar way to what I had to do when I found the front roof fixings of a 940 where in a slightly different place to a 745. It was a fiddle but has worked to provide support.

Let us know how you get on.

Bob.
bob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob12 For This Useful Post: