View Single Post
Old Sep 19th, 2019, 15:31   #1
pinballdave

Default C70 Drivers door module.

I'm the proud new owner of a 'project' C70 (2007), which has a small shopping list of things that require attention.

The main issue appears to be related to the Drivers Door Module attached to the window winder motor, as there are a multitude of symptoms that all have some connection to this unit.

None of the window buttons or the door mirror adjustment controls on the drivers door work. Pressing the buttons to raise or drop all four windows at once, causes the door lock motors to energise in the same manner that they do when you press the door lock/unlock switch.

The door lock is reporting that the door is always open, but the lock microswitch appears to work ok, this also appears to be affecting the central locking, and so I can't lock the car from the remote.

The indicator repeater in the door mirror is also not working, but the bulb is fine.

However, if I open or close the roof, all four windows will drop and raise at the correct times to allow this.

The previous owner says they took it to Ha****ds to fix the window 'but they only made it worse' and told them to go to a Volvo dealer. So there is definitely some unknown history to this one.

The read and foglight button trick is showing that I have DTCs in both door modules (along with almost a full bingo card of the other modules!). So I'm suspecting the next step is going to involve getting myself a DICE, and running through all the codes.

Is there anything I can attempt short of taking it to the main dealer to sort out. Is it possible to replace the DDM/motor with one from a breakers or are they coded?

Could it be that the window motor/DDM has been replaced (it looks clean and might be new), but has not been programmed correctly (or not programmed at all).
pinballdave is offline   Reply With Quote