View Single Post
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 09:08   #37
catflem
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimcoted View Post
They are a nice car to drive. I have a Grand Voyager with all the toys but prefer to drive the Volvo. Take all the precautions if it has SIPS when removing the seats though. Swapping the seats over is a breeze if they are anything like the 850 I swapped my half leather for full leather and it took us no time at all. On the TV question, could have been. If it began with a German Shepherd in a Hydrotherapy Pool. I turned down Channel 4 and Sky. Channel 4 were messing our clients about and Sky wanted too much of my time. I said a couple of hours they wanted all day which would have meant delaying some of the dogs from getting their wheels by a few days. If you get the number of the car in the scrapyard Volvo will give you the radio code.
I've disconnected the battery, so presumably that will take care of any potential sips problems.

When I removed the seats from the scrapper, I took the seat belts with them, but I note that there is a warning on the pretensioner that it should not be used in another car.......... which is a pity because the seat belts in the scrapper are cleaner than my ones. Presumably I should heed the warning and not swap the belts over ?.

My recollection of the TV programme is pretty vague, I think it was a cash in the attic type of programme with a little white dog that had balance problems. He couldn't walk any distance without falling over, but within minutes of having his harness fitted he was bombing around like a good un. Our mutt might need your services in a few years - do you do a giant T5 R version............ He's a Borzoi, so he's bloody big, and pretty quick........ he's the reason why we have to have a big estate :-).

The radio code for the scrapper is not a problem, the owners manual with a card carrying the stereo code was in the car, so I grabbed that as well. Its a pity the owner didn't leave the locking wheel nut key in the car, because there is a nice set of alloys with very good tyres on the car, but I can't get the damned things off :-(. I've tried one of the Irwin bolt remover things, but the dammned nut has been done up by a gorilla !.
catflem is offline   Reply With Quote