View Single Post
Old Mar 7th, 2018, 23:16   #2
Voltan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkrohne91 View Post
Hi,

What do people think of this car model? I've had it just over 6 weeks and I love it to bits. Very comfortable, nice to drive, great mpg on work commute, good power with accelerator keeping down I'd like to ask for honest comments and opinions and maybe your experience.

Thanks,
Rafal
I'm enjoying our V40 R-Design D4 Pro which we've had for about a month now. Though there's more road noise and a much firmer ride than our XC60 D5 it is comfortable on long trips and the cabin is a nice place to be with the dark headliner and upholstery. The parking brake is a bit intrusive at first compared with an electronic parking brake but you soon get used to it. I would have liked an electric driver seat as I haven't had a car without for decades.

I found the ACC helped make the recent trip relaxed while the BLIS helped keep me alert with the tell-tale blinking in the corner of my eye though the Lane Assist was not that useful, I thought. It took a leap of faith to trust the ACC/Queue assist which seemed to brake later than I would do.

I find the car eager even without resorting to Sports mode and it is fun to drive. It returned a decent 53mpg on our recent trip which included several short journeys to and from our hotel. The XC60 would do about 41mpg on a similar journey.

I still prefer my older XC60 even though it lacks much of the technology but the V40 is welcome addition.